Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Medela Swing Breast Pump



I was hesitant to buy this due to the price, which isn't bad really but my hubby got it for me anyhow. We were going to visit his folks for about a week and our daughter is 2 months old. We already rented a Symphony and I've used the Medela Pump In Style previously with my first. I now have a Pump In Style in a backpack, which I thought was convenient. However, this beats that hands down in convenience. This is not super super tiny (as in a size of a phone but I think that's unrealistic to expect) but so compact I took it on the plane with me and could pump anywhere, airport, in the car, with a cover (bebe a lait). It's about the size of a hand held cd player, old school (size a hand with fingers spread out). I put it in a gallon ziploc, with it's attachment and dumped it in my backpack. Perfect. I love this pump, it's not super quiet but in loud places it is sufficient (airplane, etc.). It is working hard for me, with 8 daily pumps, at about 40 minutes up to an 1hr and a half. It works great in that it is keeping up with my milk production so far. In a span of 2 days, with 8 pumps a day, so total of let's say 16, I've had to replace the 4 double A batteries just once so far. Not bad and I like the fact it runs just on normal double A's, not a special battery. Suction wise I think it's fine. It is strong enough, not weak at all. The soft suction cup is interesting in that it is soft and I thought easier on the breast instead of the hard plastic but still the only problem is if you get milk on the soft suction cup you can't coax it into the bottle. It just stays there so you wipe it off versus the hard plastic one's where you can tap it and get the milk "drippings" to run into the bottle. Do as the instructions say, let the pump run for 2-3 minutes after pumping to dry. I did get milk going back into the pump but that is because I didn't follow instructions. I was able to yield about 5 oz on my right, 3-4 on my left. It was consistent with my milk production on a Symphony so I know it's working just fine. I would recommend this for travel and I used it to pump exclusively for a whole week while vacationing. I loved that it was portable and not attached to an outlet. Thumbs up on this. I wouldn't expect this to last me a whole year ( but I'm going to see if the motor can withstand occasional pumping).Get more detail about Medela Swing Breast Pump.

0 comments on "Medela Swing Breast Pump"

Post a Comment

 

Graco Baby Swing Reviews Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez