Thursday, February 4, 2010

Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper Organic Cocoon, Hemp/Cream Top Quality



I am a second time mom--I used a crib for the first, and this hammock for the second. I love it because the baby loves it!! She sleeps excellently in this. It provides just a little bit of motion when the baby stirs and cradles her just a little on the sides. Here's a comparison with cribs.

Cons:
Technically, you're not supposed to use this when the baby is able to start crawling (children can stay in cribs for years), so you're going to have to switch to something else eventually, so if you just go for a crib to begin with, maybe you're saving money. But from this mom's perspective, the extra sleep you and the baby are going to get from this is worth every penny.

There is no safety harness strap. (Not really necessary unless you intend to use it beyond the recommended time--dare I admit it?)

Now that my child is used to sleeping in this, it will be hard to travel without it (since most people we visit have pack-n-plays). And if I wanted to travel with it that badly (I'm debating it), it would be another piece of equipment to haul along.

Harder to clean if something spills over. And you have to use specialty sheets, which are more expensive (Arm's Reach site sells a single sheet for $20.)

Pros:
Takes up less space than a crib. It's light and easy to move around.

It provides just a little bit of motion and cradles the baby at a nice angle--not flat on her back--so the baby doesn't realize that they've been "deserted" by mommy.

I can put her in the hammock, and gently rock it while she falls asleep instead of having the baby fall asleep rocking her in my arms and then waking her up trying to get her into bed.

I can easily reach into this to put the baby down or get her up and she's still secure. Because I'm short and they've recalled all drop-side cribs, it's extremely hard for me to reach to lift the baby in and out of the crib, especially if the baby is at the backside.

It's a nice neutral color that will fit in with any decorating scheme and won't distract the baby while they're trying to fall asleep.

My husband was a skeptic, but he's been won over. It's hard to want to buy baby equipment that you don't have experience with and don't know if you'll like, but I'm so glad I did.Get more detail about Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper Organic Cocoon, Hemp/Cream.

0 comments on "Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper Organic Cocoon, Hemp/Cream Top Quality"

Post a Comment

 

Graco Baby Swing Reviews Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez